SafeBAE is a survivor-founded, student-led national organization whose mission is to end sexual assault among middle and high school students. As the only national peer-to-peer organization of our kind, we help promote culture change by giving teens the tools to become activists and shift school culture through raising awareness about dating violence, sexual harassment and assault, affirmative consent, safe bystander intervention, survivor care, and their rights under Title IX.
“I love that people who run this [program] are survivors of sexual assault and not just people who are here to educate us on it. They can share their stories and educate others.”
~ Student Event Attendee
• Raise awareness about sexual assault in middle and high schools
• Provide information on student rights to be free from sexual violence under Title IX
• Provide education around consent, bystander intervention, and safe relationships in all secondary schools
• Engage all students to be a part of the solution using art, activism and social media
• Provide students/survivors who have experienced violence with information on their rights, options for justice, and resources for healing.
• Outreach to school boards across the country to ensure their understanding of obligations under Title IX and provide them best practices for student codes of conduct and department responses
• Promote consent education legislation in every state