SafeBAE’s 2nd Annual
2023 Summer Activist Institute:
BAE’s BY THE BAY!
June 21 - 24
We are excited to announce that we will be hosting our second annual Summer Activist Institute, in partnership with the World Childhood Foundation USA!
Applications will open on April 1st!
Did we mention we had so much fun making TikToks at last year's Institute?!
20 US high school students (rising freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors in the 2023-24 school year) who are actively engaged in sexual violence prevention & consent education activism and want the opportunity and support to do more.
3 days of intensive (but also SUPER fun) activist leadership training as a sexual assault prevention advocate.
- We will have guest speakers from activist organizations throughout the US, surprise guests, so much swag, and fun activities in greater Portland!
- Participants will work in break-out sessions to envision their ideas for continuing their activism work during the 2023-24 school year.
- Each participant will receive help and support in creating a proposal to submit to SafeBAE for grant funding of their work in the year ahead.
- Lead a revolution to dismantle rape culture
- Empower you and your friends to know your rights in school
- Be a leader in teaching enthusiastic consent
- Get community service hours toward graduation
- This will be an incredible achievement to put on your college application
- Maine is an AMAZING place to be in the summer!
- You must be a US-based high school student in the upcoming school year.
- You must have parental approval to attend.
- You must have a history of activism (big or small) in the field of child abuse & sexual violence prevention. (we strongly encourage applicants to have taken our BAE Training)
- The Institute is entirely free, excluding transportation (but partial & full scholarships will be available)
- Chosen participants (and their parents) will be required to sign a contract of their commitment to attending.
the beautiful beachfront campus of Southern Maine Community College in South Portland, Maine